Sweet & Spicy Thin Sliced JerkyPrep Time: | Cook Time: | Servings: | Calories:
Looking for that perfect blend between sweet & spicy? Look no further, we know you will love it!
- 5 lbs Top Round Beef (or meat of your choice)
- 2 tbsp Crushed Red Pepper
- 2 tbsp Onion Powder
- 2 tbsp Garlic Powder
- 4 tsp Black Pepper
- 3 Jalapeno Peppers (sliced)
- 2 cups Soy Sauce
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/3 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/3 cup Fresh Orange Juice
- 1/3 cup Fresh Grapefruit Juice
- Use a CHARD Food Slicer to Slice meat against the grain about 1/4 inch thick. *Tip: Freeze your meat for about an hour to allow a more smooth slicing process.
- Combine the garlic powder, onion powder, and black pepper.
- Season both sides of the beef slices with the seasoning mix.
- Place meat inside of a gallon zip top bag for the marinade process.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients and pour over the top of meat. Close zip top bag tightly and place in fridge to let marinade for at least 24 hours.
- After the marinading process, arrange your slices on your CHARD Dehydrator. Set the temp to 160 degrees and dehydrate for 4-6 hours.
- Once the jerky is finished, let it cool down before storing in an airtight container.