Buttermilk Marinaded Turkey NuggetsPrep Time: | Cook Time: | Servings: | Calories:
- 2 lbs Turkey Breast (cut into nugget chunks)
- 2 cups Flour
- 1 tbs Spice Mix of your choice
- 4 Eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- 1/4 cup Yellow Mustard
- 2 sleeves Saltines
- Oil for Frying
- Mix the flour with the spice mix in one bowl. Mix together the eggs, buttermilk and mustard in a separate bowl. Mash the Saltines in a gallon zip tight bag.
- Coat about 1/4 of the turkey chunks in the flour, then the egg wash, then put them in the gallon bag with the crushed Saltines and shake well to coat. Set the chunks on a baking sheet.
- When you are ready to fry, put enough oil in the Chard Dual Basket Fryer. Set a cooling rack over a baking sheet and put that in your oven. Set the oven to "warm."
- Set the finished turkey nuggets on the rack in the warm oven while you do the rest.